Sunday, February 26, 2012

Catching Up

Well - it's nice to be back. However, life has temporarily taken over my hope to be an alternative to a pay-to-view Florida Today website. Even though Matt Reed challenged me as their "competition," with kids and parents to take care of - I'm not sure how much time I can put into being the grand alternative.

I will continue to write - I hope that you will read when I do write - and tell your friends about it. But doing any marketing or ad selling is not happening in the near future. Maybe we can mount at least a small protest to their experiment.

I did notice as the Florida Today changeover occurred this week that one can still view the obituaries for free and can still read headlines for free - so I'm pretty good to go. How about you?

Now to some news commentary:

Interesting take - When Republicans are in the White House and gas prices rise, it's Republicans' fault because they are in the pocket of Big Oil. When Democrats are in the White House and gas prices rise, it's Republicans' fault because they are in the pocket of Big Oil. I love the consistent logic.

Recent articles in "The Economist" note that maybe it's okay that Islamists are winning elections in the Middle East. At least they are not al Qaeda, they note. However, these rising factions in Egypt and Libya (and probably in Iraq too now that we lost the diplomacy war) will curtail human rights and institute strict theocracies. I see a bad moon a'risin...

Syria and Afghanistan - one blunder after another...and heroes keep getting killed.

Talk at you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment